Sunday, April 1, 2007

Just awhile ago my ex-girlfriend sent me a message in friendster and, of course, tried to ask me how I was doing at the moment. Being dopey (as always) as I am, I fumbled at the thought that she remembered me and that she made a surpising effort to re-establish the communication that we have lost since the "dinosaur age" (dinosaur age is a word that I associate with the phrase "very long time ago"). My mind began to recollect vague memories that I have of her; her smile, her laugh, the way she jokes, grins and grasp my chin whenever she feels like cuddling and (ok, ok.. I'm getting a little bit overboard with this reminiscing) many others. Well, to cut the roundabout, I would like to say that during that instance I began to miss her! Perfectly normal if you ask me, but the thing is that I felt a little hope in my dumbfounded heart, thinking that we can go on a rebound of some sort (I can't believe I am writing this!). Absurd right?! I was already forecasting a sunny day without even looking at the satellite feed. It was very assuming of me, but this didn't happen just once, it happens to me all the time. This is maybe because I have this made-up syndrome that I've just recently termed as the "Ricochet Syndrome" wherein I began to feel things just because of an antecedent event. In this situation, the antecedent event is the message that she made and I woudn't feel such, if it weren't for the presence of the antecedent event (Oh my goodness, I sound like a theorist!). Anyway, this syndrome of mine have put me into trouble for numerous times already. My close friends would know this syndrome as my "go with the flow" philosophy in life (right bes?!). I depend my decision on the unveiling of the different events and not because I truly believe in my decision. This is, yet again, another scapegoat that I have from rejection. Who would want to be rejected from the first place, right?! But, unfortunately I move a notch higher than normal because I really depend my decision based from the unfolding of circumstances. I couldn't resist! Trash, right?! Well, that's the sad reality of it. That's why I am letting all of you know to serve as a warning from my sleazy personality.

No comments: