Thursday, March 29, 2007

Community Immersion Program (CIP)

"This place is wretched" that was once I said
But in the corner of my mind I'm saying "I must be contented"
For I must not look on the experiences' superficiality
But rather, in the core of the people and it's accompanying beauty
The first week was plain
Nobody's to be blamed
It was full of unfamiliar faces
I exclaimed, "I'd rather be here than other unthinkable places"
We were not sure what to do
Our lives turning into blue
But we don't have much choice
We haven't got any hoist
But days flew by so swiftly
I don't know what's gotten into me
I am making new friends and acquaintances now
Though I'm not quite sure why and how
The community people were warm
They didn't do us any harm
In fact, I've learned to live and share
And all of the uncertainties a person could bear
I've hurdled the difficulties of laundering
My mother until now is wondering
"It was a different experience for me," I must admit
But its becoming an experience that I must, in the end, commit!
But it was not at all easy
I became, most of the time, wheezy
This is because of our everyday walking
And not to mention our endless project making
This difficulties seem easier to digest
I think it might have bring out my very best
My foster family is becoming my TRUE FAMILY
Laughing, sharing, eating and story telling were becoming a hobby
Although language barrier made it more complex
But it was not a problem that I couldn't, in the end, flex
Extreme sun and wind was not at all a problem
Our usual drinking sessions might have brought a slight mayhem
Every night was extreme as stars shine upon the community
This were times of flaunting a person's character nudity
It was a mixture of sober,alcohol and extreme mounds
But keep quiet, I'm telling you, this is not allowed!
I'm fast becoming attuned to this experience
This increases the importance of my existence
Now, I know that I truly belong here
This totally erased my previous doubts and fear
Those strangers were turned into friends
Difficulties and problems were all finished and mended
But there's still one problem, I thought!
A solution must be swiftly sought
How can I say goodbye to them without tears in my eyes?
All I could reply are numerous and troubling sighs
The day of reckoning came and tears trickled down my cheek
I never thought goodbyes would make me so sober and meek
It was already a year now since we came to Nambalan
I reminisced and cherished it, it was very hard to keep
I'm planning my career as a nurse at present
But this experience is hard to comprehend
It has given me both lasting friends and memories
Maybe until I age beyond my seventies

No comments: